A wide variety of professional learning programs are offered by the NSELC to address professional concerns identified by educational leaders from across Nova Scotia. In each case, input from local personnel in the planning process ensures that the programs offered are being used to support relevent and current Department of Education programs and initiatives. NSELC programs are based on up-to-date educational research and utilize a broad pool of pertinent resources and materials. Most programs are written and facilitated by local educators identified as experts in their field.
Our leadership programs focus on:
- Providing professional learning experiences incorporating relevant information, practical applications and personal experience
- Addressing the real-life needs of educational leaders
- Providing learning experiences and training that are based on current research and literature
- Providing participants with the opportunity to network with fellow educational leaders
- Providing content and processes that reflect diversity of perspectives
- Encouraging participants to anticipate changes in education through the identification and consideration of changes in society
- Modelling leadership dynamics, styles and the use of various instructional strategies.